Retired? Enjoy the benefits of membership
If retirement is in your near future, membership in Education Minnesota Retired should be too.
Print, fill out and return the application or call Education Minnesota Retired for information: (651) 292-4877 or (800) 642-4624.
What is Education Minnesota Retired?
- An organization for active and retired school employees who are or were eligible for membership in Education Minnesota.
- A merged organization of MEA Retired and MFT Retired members who want to remain affiliated with Education Minnesota, AFT and NEA.
Why join Education Minnesota Retired?
To participate in Education Minnesota sponsored Economic Services Inc. programs:
- To participate in Education Minnesota political action and legislative efforts on such important issues as pension benefits and retiree medical insurance.
- To assure quality education for future generations of Minnesota students.
- To support Education Minnesota's ongoing efforts to assure quality working conditions as well as competitive salaries and benefits for school employees.
- Long-term care insurance
- Financial services/retirement planning
- Auto and home insurance
- Auto buying & leasing
- Credit cards
- Travel program
- NEA member benefits
- AFT member benefits
- To save money on other programs, such as Education Minnesota's Access to Savings program, offering discounts on shopping, car care, personal services, entertainment, meals and more.
As a lifetime member, you can be assured of professional liability insurance coverage when substitute teaching.
Dues are $550, payable over three years. Join as a lifetime preretired member and pay a one-time lump sum of $450 to join. See the application for details.
September 18, 2012