2009 Audrey Erskine Scholarship
College juniors and seniors who plan to teach in Minnesota are eligible for the Audrey Erskine Scholarship, which awards $350 to $500 for educational expenses. The Mid-Minnesota United Board of Governance administers the scholarship in honor of Audrey Erskine, a long-time advocate for teachers and education. Below are details.
- The scholarship is open to juniors and seniors enrolled in an accredited Minnesota four-year college or university preparing to teach at the preschool, elementary or secondary level in Minnesota.
- Funds may be used for tuition, lodging, books or any other necessary educational expense.
- The number of scholarships and amount awarded depend on available funds.
The award committee evaluates applicants in these categories:
- Work habits
- Character and personality
- Sincerity of intention to teach
- Membership in the Education Minnesota Student Program
- Applications for the 2009-10 school year must be submitted by June 1, 2009.
- Recipients will be announced by Sept. 15, 2009.
- Recipients will be presented at the Mid-Minnesota United Fall Drive In on Oct. 14, 2009.
Applicants not selected will only be informed of the results if a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope is enclosed with their application.
January 19, 2009