Learn about the new teacher development and evaluation statute
Learn more about Minnesota's teacher development and evaluation statute and its impact on learning and local unions at training for Education Minnesota members March 1-2 in Austin.
The statute requires effective collaboration among local presidents, negotiating teams and teacher leaders in our locals. The release of the state model plan provides an opportunity to find answers to many questions:
- What does the law require and how are those requirements met by the state model?
- How might locals begin to review the state model and to consider options for a local evaluation plan?
- How can teacher leaders help bargaining teams in negotiating teacher development and evaluation?
"Minnesota’s Teacher Development and Evaluation Statute: New Roles for Local Teams" takes place at the Holiday Inn, 1701 Fourth St. N.W., Austin, MN 55912.
Who should attend?
- Teacher leaders: Teachers as Learners and Leaders participants, AFT TEACH/ ER&D trainers, coaches, mentors, peer observers
- Local leaders: presidents, negotiators, professional development chairs, education issues contacts
Consider coming as a team of two to four people per local!
7-9 p.m. Optional networking session. Check in and share experiences with colleagues from around the state.
8-9 a.m. Registration and breakfast
9 a.m.-2:30 p.m.: Seminar speakers, sessions and lunch
Education Minnesota will pay for double-occupancy hotel rooms for participants who drive more than 50 miles. You may book a single room by paying $50.
Complete the registration form and return by mail, email or fax to:
41 Sherburne Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55103
February 14, 2013