2017 MEA details
The Minnesota Educator Academy (MEA) conference is held at Saint Paul RiverCentre in downtown St. Paul on the third Thursday and Friday of October each year. It includes a full day of activities on Thursday and a half-day program on Friday.
Tweeting? Connect with colleagues; use #MEAmn17.
When: Thursday, Oct. 19, and Friday, Oct. 20
Where: Saint Paul RiverCentre, 175 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
Admission: Free and open to the public Thursday. Please note: Friday will be open to Education Minnesota members only.
Registration: None required for Thursday. Education Minnesota members are encouraged, but not required, to register in advance for Friday's sessions. Registration for Friday's sessions will be open 7 a.m.-3:50 p.m. Thursday and 7 a.m.-noon Friday.
Exhibits: 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Thursday only
Workshops: 8:30 a.m.-3:20 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday
Saint Paul RiverCentre is located on the St. Paul riverfront next to Xcel Energy Center.
Thursday and Friday
- RiverCentre Ramp, 150 W. Kellogg Blvd.
- Science Museum of Minnesota ramp, 120 W. Kellogg Blvd.
- Smith Avenue Ramp, 145 Smith Ave.
NOTE: There is no parking at the state fairgrounds and no shuttle bus.
Getting around RiverCentre
- Speeches and workshops - ballrooms and meeting rooms, upper level
- General session (Thursday only) - Roy Wilkins Auditorium (see upper and street level maps)
- Exhibits (Thursday only) - lower level
- Cafe (Thursday only) - street level
- Information kiosks - street level, west entrance (Thursday); upper level
- During conference hours, MHC Culinary Group operates a cafe serving hot and cold breakfast and lunch items in the Kellogg lobby on the street level.
- The Headwaters Cafe is also open daily for breakfast and lunch at the east end of the Kellogg lobby. Wireless Internet access is available.
- A concession stand is open in the exhibit hall.
- Specialty coffee is available at the Blue Neon kiosk on the upper level near the ballrooms.
- The Headwaters Cafe is open daily for breakfast and lunch at the east end of the Kellogg lobby. Wireless Internet access is available.