The Peterson-Schaubach Outstanding Leadership Award is given annually to an Education Minnesota leader (local or state) who has made outstanding contributions to Education Minnesota or its locals through demonstration of Education Minnesota’s Statements of Principle.
All nominations must be submitted by a Governing Board member.
The nomination window opens each year on Dec. 15.
- The Education Minnesota president will set and announce nomination timelines and process to the Education Minnesota Governing Board.
- Timelines and process will be posted on the Education Minnesota website.
- Education Minnesota Governing Board members, excluding officers, will nominate candidates by submitting a nomination form to the Education Minnesota Executive Committee.
- Using the established criteria, the nomination form should list the name of the candidate and the reason(s) that this member should be considered for the award.
- The Education Minnesota Executive Committee will review the submitted nominations and make a final selection.
- The Peterson-Schaubach Outstanding Leadership Award will be announced each year at the Education Minnesota Representative Convention.
Nominee must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Has been an active member of Education Minnesota during the selection school year.
- Has made outstanding contributions to Education Minnesota or its locals through demonstration of Education Minnesota’s Statements of Principle.
Education Minnesota Statements of Principle:
Commitment to Members
Commitment to the Profession
Commitment to the Learners
Commitment to Public Education and the Community
Commitment to the Organization
Commitment to the Labor Movement
Commitment to Racial Equity and Social Justice
Statements of Principle
PDF, 2 pgs., 488MB
2021: Kim Davidson
2020: Joe Cerar
2019: Kevin Lindstrom
2018: Robin Courrier
2017: Don Sinner
2016: Bob Millette
2015: William Hjertstedt
2014: Kit Hawkins
2013: Mary Cathryn Ricker
2012: Lynette Wayne
2011: Janet Luttmers
2010: John Mueller
2009: Sharon Kjellberg
2008: Mary Broderick
2007: Carmen Peters
2006: Julie Jagusch
2005: Judy Rohde
2004: Jim Smola
2003: William Rasmussen
2002: Warren Bradbury
2001: Sandra Peterson and Judy Schaubach