Get the professional development you need from the comfort of your home or classroom through trainings on our online learning platform MEA Online!
Improve your professional practice, earn CEU credits for relicensure or build your union understanding and power -- with MEA Online!
The majority of courses will be pre-recorded. Some will be offered live via webinar and some will be a combination of both.
The best part? These courses are FREE to active Education Minnesota members.
How to sign up
Education Minnesota sent email invitations to access MEA Online in July, September and November to all member email addresses we have on file.
1. Please check your email to find an invitation that says, “You are invited to the MEA Online learning portal.” The invite will come from Education Minnesota’s MEA Online Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and contain a link special to each member to access the site.
2. If you did not receive an email invitation from email@example.com, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Remember to check your junk/spam folders!) The MEA Online team will respond to your email promptly and send you an automated email invitation as described in step one.
No account creation is required. That's all been done already on the back end of the platform.
Here's a video explaining how to access the platform for the first time:
The following Education Minnesota trainings are now available online:
- Assessment for Learning in Response to COVID-19 (live recorded session)
- Building Representative—Roles and Responsibilities
- Certified Negotiator Program for Teachers
- Classroom Mindfulness (live recorded session)
- Community Engagement: Building Relationships for the Schools and Communities Students Deserve
- Costing Teacher Settlements
- Cultural Competency Training Parts 1 – 4
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Through a Racial Justice Lens
- Degrees Not Debt
- Engage Students With “Crossroads: An Anthology of Resilience and Hope by Young Somali Writers”
- English Learners
- ESP Costing Spreadsheet
- Finding Our Way Through: Navigating the Mental and Emotional Challenges of Our Current World
- Google's Applied Digital Skills Workshop (live recorded session)
- Health Insurance Basics & Beyond
- Introduction to LearnUpon
- Jim Crow of the North: Bringing Minnesota's Diverse History Into the Classroom
- LGBTQ+ Introductory Training
- Meet and Confer
- Moving Lives Minnesota: Student-Driven Storytelling Around Immigration (live recorded session)
- MRA I: Member Rights Advocacy Training
- MRA II: Member Rights Advocacy Training
- MRA III: Member Rights AdvocacyTraining
- Muslims in the Classroom: Practical Advice for Educators (live recorded session)
- Negotiating Equitable Benefits & A Family Friendly Workplace
- Negotiations Resources: Online Data & Information to Support Bargaining
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Instructional Strategies
- Public Employees Insurance Program (PEIP)
- Race Talk Messaging: What, Why and How
- Rethinking Bargaining Surveys (2021 CBOC recording)
- Social Media, Legal Issues for Educators
- Student Mental Health
- Suicide Prevention
- Taking Effective Notes in Bargaining and Member Meetings
- Three Frames of Unionism
- NEW! Trauma I: Understanding Trauma and the Brain
- Using Membership to the Max: Member Benefits
- Virtual Negotiating: Moving Bargaining Online (2021 CBOC recording)
- Wealth Inequality and the Impact on Public Education
- Worksite Unity Leader Training Part 1
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Trauma II: Classroom Strategies
We are adding more courses regularly, so be sure to check back for more offerings!
MEA Online is a straightforward, easy-to-navigate platform, and we think you will love it!
That said, there will be a learning curve, as distance learning for professional development is new for many of us. Please reach out to the MEA Online team if you have any questions as you explore this new medium for high-quality professional development, brought to you by your union's Minnesota Educator Academy!