Get the professional development you need from the comfort of your home or classroom through trainings on our online learning platform MEA Online (formerly known as LearnUpon)!
Improve your professional practice, earn CEU credits for relicensure or build your union understanding and power -- with MEA Online!
The majority of courses will be pre-recorded. Some will be offered live via webinar and some will be a combination of both.
The best part? These courses are FREE to active Education Minnesota members.
How to sign up
Education Minnesota sent email invitations to access MEA Online in July, September and November to all member email addresses we have on file.
1. Please check your email to find an invitation that says, “You are invited to the MEA Online learning portal.” The invite will come from Education Minnesota’s MEA Online Team at email@example.com and contain a link special to each member to access the site.
2. If you did not receive an email invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org, please email email@example.com. (Remember to check your junk/spam folders!) The MEA Online team will respond to your email promptly and send you an automated email invitation as described in step one.
No account creation is required. That's all been done already on the back end of the platform.
Here's a video explaining how to access the platform for the first time:
The following Education Minnesota trainings are now available online:
- Assessment for Learning in Response to COVID-19 (live recorded session)
- Building Representative—Roles and Responsibilities
- Certified Negotiator Program for Teachers
- Classroom Mindfulness (live recorded session)
- Cultural Competency Training Parts 1 – 4
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Through a Racial Justice Lens
- Degrees Not Debt
- Engage Students With “Crossroads: An Anthology of Resilience and Hope by Young Somali Writers”
- English Learners
- ESP Costing Spreadsheet
- Finding Our Way Through: Navigating the Mental and Emotional Challenges of Our Current World
- Google's Applied Digital Skills Workshop (live recorded session)
- Introduction to LearnUpon
- Jim Crow of the North: Bringing Minnesota's Diverse History Into the Classroom
- LGBTQ+ Introductory Training
- Moving Lives Minnesota: Student-Driven Storytelling Around Immigration (live recorded session)
- MRA I: Member Rights Advocacy Training
- MRA II: Member Rights Advocacy Training
- MRA III: Member Rights AdvocacyTraining
- Muslims in the Classroom: Practical Advice for Educators (live recorded session)
- NEW! Positive Behavior Interventions and Instructional Strategies
- Social Media, Legal Issues for Educators
- Student Mental Health
- Using Membership to the Max: Member Benefits
- Worksite Unity Leader Training Part 1
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Suicide Prevention
We are adding more courses regularly, so be sure to check back for more offerings!
MEA Online is a straightforward, easy-to-navigate platform, and we think you will love it!
That said, there will be a learning curve, as distance learning for professional development is new for many of us. Please reach out to the MEA Online team if you have any questions as you explore this new medium for high-quality professional development, brought to you by your union's Minnesota Educator Academy!