Get the professional development you need from the comfort of your home or classroom through trainings on our online learning platform MEA Online!
Improve your professional practice, earn CEU credits for relicensure or build your union understanding and power.
The majority of our MEA Online courses are pre-recorded. Some are offered live via webinar and some are a combination of both.
The best part? These courses are FREE to active Education Minnesota members.
How to sign up
Education Minnesota sent email invitations to access MEA Online in 2020 to all member email addresses we have on file.
- Please check your email to find an invitation that says, “You are invited to the MEA Online learning portal.” The invite will come from Education Minnesota’s MEA Online Team at email@example.com and contain a link special to each member to access the site.
- If you did not receive an email invitation from firstname.lastname@example.org, please email email@example.com. (Remember to check your junk/spam folders!) The MEA Online team will respond to your email promptly and send you an automated email invitation as described in step one.
No account creation is required. That’s all been done already on the back end of the platform.
Here’s a video explaining how to access the platform for the first time:
The following Education Minnesota trainings are now available online:
- Building Representative—Roles and Responsibilities
- Certified Negotiator Program for Teachers
- Community Engagement: Building Relationships for the Schools and Communities Students Deserve
- Costing Teacher Settlements
- Cultural Competency Training Parts 1 – 4
- NEW! Culturally Responsive Classroom Mindfulness (2021 MEA conference recording)
- NEW! Culturally Relevant Pedagogy With Primary Sources (2021 MEA conference recording)
- NEW! Culturally Responsive Teaching for Muslim Students (2021 MEA conference recording)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Through a Racial Justice Lens
- Degrees Not Debt
- English Learners
- ESP Costing Spreadsheet
- Expanded Loan Forgiveness for Educators: Unpacking New Public Service Loan Forgiveness Rules
- NEW! From Exhibit to Classroom: Deepening Native American Content Connections (2021 MEA conference recording)
- NEW! Getting Started With Project-Based Learning (2021 MEA conference recording)
- Health Insurance Basics & Beyond
- Introduction to MEA Online
- LGBTQ+ Introductory Training
- Meet and Confer
- MRA I: Member Rights Advocacy Training
- MRA II: Member Rights Advocacy Training
- MRA III: Member Rights Advocacy Training
- Muslims in the Classroom: Practical Advice for Educators (live recorded session)
- Negotiating Equitable Benefits & A Family Friendly Workplace
- Negotiations Resources: Online Data & Information to Support Bargaining
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Instructional Strategies
- Public Employees Insurance Program (PEIP)
- Race Talk Messaging: What, Why and How
- Rethinking Bargaining Surveys (2021 CBOC recording)
- NEW! Sing Today – Read Forever! How to Use Music-Making to Raise Reading Achievement (2021 MEA conference recording)
- Social Media, Legal Issues for Educators
- Student Mental Health
- Suicide Prevention
- Taking Effective Notes in Bargaining and Member Meetings
- Three Frames of Unionism
- Trauma I: Understanding Trauma and the Brain
- Using Membership to the Max: Member Benefits
- Virtual Negotiating: Moving Bargaining Online (2021 CBOC recording)
- Wealth Inequality and the Impact on Public Education
- Worksite Unity Leader Training Part 1
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Trauma II: Classroom Strategies
We are adding more courses regularly, so be sure to check back for more offerings!
MEA Online is a straightforward, easy-to-navigate platform, and we think you will love it!
That said, there will be a learning curve, as distance learning for professional development is new for many of us. Please reach out to the MEA Online team if you have any questions as you explore this new medium for high-quality professional development, brought to you by your union’s Minnesota Educator Academy!